We know hardwood floors are no small investment. So our commitment to making yours last doesn’t stop when it’s finished.
What to Do:
- Sweep or vacuum floor regularly
- Remove spills promptly. Use a soft cotton cloth and a hardwood floor cleaner to clean wet spills.
- Place mats at exterior doors to trap sand and grit from incoming traffic
- Use area rugs on high traffic pathways and pivot areas: at ends of stairs, near doorways, etc. All rugs should allow floors to breathe. Avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated rugs. When rugs are impractical, periodically check floors for wear.
- Install proper protectors on “feet” of furniture.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t let sand or grit build up: vacuum or sweep regularly.
- Never wet mop a wood floor. Just wipe according to hardwood floor cleaner label directions.
- Use of wax, oil soap, or other household cleaners is not recommended. These products can dull the finish and make the future cleaning and recoating difficult.
- Avoid walking on your floor in high heels. They can severely damage the surface of any floor covering. Always keep heel caps in good repair.
For cleaning your hardwood floors, we recommend Bona-Kemi products. Signature Hardwood Floors carries a full line of these products in our office. Please feel free to contact us or stop by our shop with any questions you have about hardwood floor care. We look forward to seeing you.